In September I was playing one game. Borderlands. With a buddy.
Now I can’t keep up with all the games I bought over the months. Especially since my job is keeping me very busy, which is a good problem to have these days.
Here are the icons on my desktop:
- Borderlands – Fantastic, but the co-op requires some serious firewall configuration to work. Although, that’s because I have two of them and one of them is a Cisco ASA 5505, which is basically the equivalent of buying a missile silo to protect your front lawn. But I digress.
- Dragon Age: Origins – Second playthrough. Phenomenal game. I still need to finish the new DLC that was (FINALLY) released recently. My advice to you is do not kill Wynne. Recruit her. I made that mistake in my first playthough, but I went through many unnecessary health pots. Three words: AI peer pressure. And there’s an expansion pack coming out in March, which I have also purchased.
- Dead . . . “Holy Shit that Scared the Piss Out of Me” . . . Space – Bought this on sale for $10 on Steam. I don’t regret it. The only criticism I have is that there’s really only one reliable weapon. The first one you get. The rest of them are situational I suppose, but the Plasma Cutter, especially if you upgrade it, can be used for everything. The Contact Beam’s alternative fire is effective too (and downright awesome), but I’ve only needed it a handful of times. I just finished this one so I will move on to:
- Mass Effect 2 – Installed but haven’t started it. I’m a one-game-at-a-time kind of gamer. So now that I’ve finished Dead Space I’ll be able to comment on this one. Really loved ME1, so it shouldn’t disappoint.
- Bioshock 2, Special Edition – Haven’t even installed it yet. Once again, one at a time.
- Assassin’s Creed 2 – Pre-bought this one and it should be on it’s way soon.
As you can see, I am waaaay behind in my gaming. But hey, being too busy to play them is a good place to be with this unemployment rate, am I right?
And one more thing . . . I’m always looking out for a different MMO. And I mean an MMO that isn’t the same recycled copycat shit that keeps coming out of that genre. So if anyone has any ideas, let me know.